Welcome to My Baby Girl's Nursery!

Welcome to Miss Annalise Kathryn's nursery! I'm so excited to share with you my tips and tricks to achieving this princess look! 



To get started I combed the internet for ideas of what I loved. I chose the color pallet first. I saw the Love sing at Hobby Lobby and knew that the pink, gold and blush were it! I didn't want a lot of decorations and a I was on a tight budget. 


Next I looked for bedding in the color blush. I found the perfect bedding at Pottery Barn Kids. I bought the crib quilt, crib skirt, bumper and small pillow sham with Annalise monogramed on it. I really wanted a blush tulle crib skirt - but after searching high and low, I couldn't find the right one anywhere! So I took matters into my own hands and sewed a sheer silk fabric on top of the Pottery Barn Kids crib skirt. I loved how it turned out! I also sewed the white bows myself. I wanted a fabric to drape from a crown but didn't want tulle. So I used a similar sheer fabric as the crib skirt, and sewed a pink edge using biased tape.

And I have to tell you the gorgeous 100% raw silk blessing dress hanging on the wall was custom made by my extremely talented Mother-in-law Kathryn Parson. She made my dream blessing dress! 


The dresser was purchased from Ikea. We bought the corresponding glass top for an extra $30.00 to add an more feminine touch. My hubby sawed off the original square Ikea feet and we added round feet. He also added two pieces of crown molding - one to the top and one to the bottom of the dresser. The new molding helped make the dresser look more elegant.
We also changed out the knobs with glass/mirror ones found on Amazon. 
And the pretty pink chiffon dress hanging on satin white hanger was mine from when I was a baby!


After the bedding was done I picked out the paint. I picked out a color called Soft Pink Shell and painted a sample on the wall. It looked great - or at least the swatch did! So we bought a gallon and my hubby painted the entire room. It turned out horrible!!! So back to Lowes we went for another color. Bless my husbands heart, he painted the entire room again. This time it turned out perfect!
Then he added white trim work on the walls using quarter round trim. I love how it turned out! The trim gave the room wall decoration without having to put looks of knick-knacks up! To me, the trim helped the room look more regal and glamorous! 

I also receive the gorgeous custom made banner from Sweet Georgia Sweet. It was the perfect wall decor!
 The table and chairs I've had for fourteen years - it was in my oldest daughter's room when she was little. As my oldest daughter grew up, I kept the table and chairs in the play room un till now.


I bought the striped drapes four years ago from Linen-N-Things for my older daughters room. She thought they were to girly and did not want pink in her room! So I kept them in the package, hoping one day I'd have another girl again. When I became pregnant with our fifth child and found out she was a girl at her twenty-two week ultrasound appointment, the first thing I did when I got home was I pull out the drapes!  I was so excited!

I wanted gold curtain rods and could find any that worked - so we spray painted them! 


In continuing with the princess look, I wanted to drape fabric over the side on the crib. I also I wanted a crown for a topper for the drape to hang from. So I designed this box shape with crown moldings  with the crown in the middle. My super talented husband built the wood box with molding scraps, then he painted it white, and attached the crown to the box with several metal screws. 


Speaking of the crown, I bought it from Hobby Lobby and it was originally was hot pink! We spray painted the same gold color that we used for the curtain rods. 


More sources:

Silver table -Home Goods 
Leopard pillow -Home Goods 
Rug is from -At Home 
Chair - Costco
Frames - Home Goods
Lamp - At Home
Chandelier - Amazon
Floral - Pier1
Mirror - At Home
Tea Set- Amazon





SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment