Walking in a Winter Wonderland

Every year my husband Justin and I host our Annual Couple's Christmas Party. 
It's a wonderful evening with friends, food, games and lots of laughter!
Here's a picture of candy bar table display for our guests.

Click the "Read more" link below for more details.  

 Most years I try and pick a theme for the decor. Last year we had a cozy hot chocolate bar.  This year I wanted more of a magical, elegant, silver and gold winter wonderland feel.

I didn't want the table to look flat, but rather give the feel of heavenly snow covered hills. To achieve this whimsical look, I used lots of different textures and fabrics (tulle, satin, and silks). For custom, and personal touch, my husband Justin designed all the food cards and candy bar wrappers.

To make the table display really grand I needed a dramatic backdrop. I got inspiration from my sister-in-law at homebyheidi.com. Justin altered the look and measurements of our back drop to fit space and height requirements. And because he built the back so large, he came up with idea of putting hinges on the back so it could fold in half for easy storage. It turned out great!

We played couple games, had a white elephant gift exchange, and made lots of memories.
It was a wonderful night had by all! 






 












No comments:

Post a Comment