Kay-Lynn's Wonderland Birthday Party!


Welcome to Kay-Lynn's Wonderland!

My daughter came to me a few months ago and said she wanted an Alice in Wonderland Birthday Party! I was excited to plan such a whimsical event, and felt this party would stretch me creatively-it did!

Kay-Lynn didn't want a tea-party, but rather a Queen of Hearts look- with a vintage feel.
We were on a tight budget so a lot of the table decor came from my party storage closet!! (Including, the chess piece, the picture frame, the green rabbits, the clock, the topiaries... I even pulled the tea cups from my own dishes!) I did buy few things like the paper balls that hung from the ceiling and the cupcake wrappers. My husband even built and painted the "The Which Way"
sign with left over pallet wood in our garage!

The fourteen girls loved the decor and had a blast making edible tea cups and playing games.
It was a wonderful night had by all!

 Click the "Read more" link below for tons of fun pics!






A huge thank you to my friend Jamie Wing for making the most beautiful cookies! The girl raved about them all night long!


My daughter found these small, 3/4 inch vials on Amazon.com, and we they filled them with strawberry soda. The girls thought they were the coolest thing in the world!

My husband and I also designed all the custom printables for all the signs. It's a huge blessing having a husband who's a graphic designer by trade.




Another sign we designed using the real illustrations from the original vintage "Alice in Wonderland" Novel.

Below are pictures of the goody bags, the card banner I made that hung on the fire place, and some more table decor. 

Because it was a slumber party, for breakfast I turned the table around and took off some of the decor from the prior night. Then I set a place setting for each one of the girls. I put two different kinds of cereal in glass containers, and added extra touches with the ribbon and decorative sign. 




Because my daughter wanted to be Alice, and have a Alice in Wonderland party, I thought, "Why not the whole family be Alice in Wonderland characters for Halloween?" So that's exactly what we did :)





1 comment:

  1. You really planned in such a nice way dear. I love to plan for events, and mostly I organize whimsical event in my lawn area. Now I am going to organize holiday party in next week, and I am doing planning for decoration, designs and food part.

    ReplyDelete