A Party Fit for a Princess!

Happy first Birthday to our little Miss Annalise! Since my oldest daughter is now fifteen, I hadn't thrown a little girl themed party in years! So I knew when Annalise turned one, I wanted to have a super elegant, storybook, dream birthday party fit for a princess!  

I started planning weeks in advance. I loved how everything turned out! It was just what I dreamed! The gorgeous custom made banner was the key to the whole table setting! It's from SweetGeorgiaSweet, and it was the perfect focal point! I love it so much!
(More details below!)














I started planning for the tables cape by searching for ideas. I knew I defiantly wanted whimsical princes tulle skirt! So that was the first thing I started working on. The first thing I started making was the ribbon and tulle table skirt. I was lucky to go to Hobby Lobby on a day when all their ribbon and tulle was half off! 

What would I do without my handy, talented husband Justin? He photographed some of these photos and edited them all for me. He's an Art Director/Graphic Designer by trade - therefore I am one lucky girl! He also built the decorative box with the gold crown on it. In fact, the crown was originally hot pink from my oldest daughter's room - so we spray painted it gold. We used the pink trimmed sheer fabric to drape the table to create a "storybook" look. (I sewed on the pink trim) The box with the crown, and fabric drape are actually from above Annalise's crib in her nursery. We just took it off the wall and nailed it to the bead board backdrop (which Justin also built). Justin and I also designed the thank you tags and personalized circle crown printables that went on the glass apothecary jars.
   
I ordered the cake and cupcake toppers and wrappers from Amazon. I just picked up the cake and  cupcakes from a local grocery store bakery - and added added the gold pearls and sprinkles. 
(It's much cheaper then going to a specialized bakery.) 

My favorite part of the table display was the roses cascading down the cake. There's something about fresh flowers that makes everything so beautiful! 


No comments:

Post a Comment