Hosting a Winter Wonderland Dinner

Tonight was a special night! I had the wonderful opportunity to speak and host dinner at my home for forty women from my church. It made me so happy to see so many beautiful faces. 
Our theme for the night was "We are like Snowflakes, Different in our own Beautiful Way." 
It's good to remind ourselves how beautiful, special and unique we each are!
  
(Read all the details below.)










I've been planing this dinner with several ladies from church for a few months now. All the details were set and on Sunday night, my husband and older sons went to church and borrowed four tables and forty chairs. Monday they set them up in our living room, and then my friend Laura and I went to town setting tables. We borrowed forty chair covers and place settings (including real silverware, and glass etched goblets), from a lady in our church congregation. (She has 250 formal place settings that she bought years ago for her five daughters weddings! We also borrowed white table cloths from church. I had most of the centerpiece decor. 

We had snowflake luminaries on walk way leading up to my front door. We also had five talented young women from church sing christmas carols as the older ladies arrived for dinner. 
The girls sounded like angels!

We had dessert/candy bar where we had silver candies in glass containers - and glass trays filled of varieties of cheesecakes squares. (Unfortunently, I didn't get a lot of pics of the dessert bar.) 

I could not have done this with out the help from a few amazing ladies from church! These women were some of three most selfless, serving, women I have ever met! They took care of all the food (lasagna, garlic bread and Cesar salad), and drinks. Not to mention they washed every dish by hand! One lady even brought her own dish gloves and dish towels -prepared to help! They were outstanding! My home was spotless when everyone left! 

It was a wonderful, magical night for all! My heart was so happy to share my home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment